Spring break is upon us – which used to mean a break from teachers and books and homework… but now it means our children are home and B-O-R-E-D and it’s our job as parents to entertain them (NOT). I’m a huge believer in allowing our children to get bored, but sometimes even that gets old.
With a full-time job it can be difficult to get away for spring break, so this year we’re opting for a ‘Staycation’. We sat down as a family and thought of fun and different things to do on each day of Spring Break. Some of these things are indoors, some are new, some are favourites – check out some of our ideas below!
Our Staycation ideas include:
- Going to the museum! We stopped by the new Audain Art Museum in Whistler to experience the beautiful art.
- Having a ski day! We love to hit the slopes with the kids and we make a whole day out of it, complete with Beaver Tails and snowman building. Whistler Blackcomb is our favourite local resort!
- Camping & Games Day! This is our indoor day – we turn off all the lights and all electronics are off. We pitch a tent (indoors), play board games, read stories, and finish the night off with a real fire (outside!) and cook sausages & s’mores!
- Window Shopping & Cafe Hopping! We live very close to Squamish and love to discover their quaint downtown area, full of interesting shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Sea to Sky Gondola Day! Spending the day outdoors at a local attraction is fun for the whole family!
- Cooking Day! We spent hours poring over my extensive cookbook collection to create a day of gourmet cooking, new recipes made from scratch – but be sure to include the whole family!
Whether you want to pre-plan a Staycation or play each day be ear, taking the time to check out local attractions, doing “nothing” outdoors, and unplugging from electronics to spend time with the family is a great way to spend Spring Break!
On behalf of your family’s most trusted brands, here’s a staycation giveaway for you to enjoy: ·
- Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
- Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
- L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
- Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
The giveaway is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, sorry!). Contest runs until April 4th at midnight. Good luck!